Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Still the beginning

Holy moley! That worked out so nice. It does have spell check, it highlights the "bad" words and then gives you suggestions. I just have to remember to change the time on the posts. I just posted that last one about 20 mins ago and it's 1:43pm now....so the clock is a bit off.

Let's get stared on a bit of a bio. Not a long history but just what made me want to do this....

As I said, I am fat and fatter and fat and fatter always. Anyhow our community pool opens this weekend...YAY, can't wait. A couple months ago I tried on my bathing suit and wondered WTF...this can't be what I was looking like last year. Although it probably was I was just a bit paler. (just a bit 'cuz I love me some fake bake!) Anyhow, I of course knew it was time to start counting my WW points AGAIN! Me and WW go way back. We first met in August 2002 after my second child was born. Not right after, he was born in January and it took me that long to be TOTALLY disgusted. In fact I remember watching Oprah (funny, I swear he was conceived during Oprah too -- and I don't watch her all that much) Anyhow, watching Oprah and it was about weight loss and I knew (while eating the entire frozen pizza - I mean it was frozen before I baked it) I had to do something. SO the next day I went to WW and we fell in love!!! I lost a nice 50 pounds by April 2003. Damn, I looked good. But since then I have lost the same 40 pounds (I pride myself in not gaining those 8 final pounds back...LOL) about 4 times. Why am I back again???? Simply because Chris and I booked a trip to the Riviera Maya for a few days in October and I'd like to feel better than Jaba the Hut while there. Yes, Jaba...that's who I feel like when I'm fatter! Can't even move around to have the sex because I'm JABA! It's gross, I know.

We booked our trip on April 29 of this year. I got excited (and yes, still am) Anyhow, I bought a dress...I'm addicted to fun summer dresses...but my butt isn't!!! So I tried on this dress just knowing it would be PERFECT in Mexico. Um hello, not looking like that in it it wouldn't!!! EWWWW!!! Still, the dress wasn't enough. I started cleaning out a closet full of "fat" (not fatter) clothes to make space. I decide to try on a pair, okay, "the pair" of jean shorts -- not knee length either -- that I wore when those 50# (w/o exercise -- thanks not being 30 yr old yet) melted off my body. So the shorts come right up over my thighs and mu butt...woohoo...but I couldn't stuff all of the front fat into them to even think about buttoning or zipping those mf-ers! FATTER KIM!!!! that is what made me call a friend and tell her all about the front fat not fitting. She asked me what I wanted to do about it and she would help. I told her to meet me at UMBC the following evening, we were walking!!! ( don't think about stalking us there....we're still fat and we will kick your ass!!! just saying) We started walking, even though two days later was our favorite beer holiday, Cinco de Mayo. We did w/o the beer, huffed our asses up the hill and started counting points. That was 3 weeks ago. I am happy to say that we are still walking and counting and I am down 11 ...yes, count them, you'll need your toes too, 11 pounds!!! All that being said, I've learned NOT to eat turkey meatballs before a weigh in day -- the scale and turkey meatballs are clearly not friends! SO here I am 11 pounds down, feeling like I must be a size 10 by now (oh, hello mirror) and getting a little anxious about the Memorial Day wknd ahead. The pool opens and the pool = beers!! I LOVE beer. I might be becoming a friend of liquor this summer, more bang for your buck! So we have the opening wknd and then I am traveling to lovely OCMD for a short but hopefully very sweeeeeet girls' only trip. I can taste the Pain in da Asses now....

3 comments:

  1. I have to figure out how to change the time some other way. When I changed it how I thought I could, it didn't want to post this entry until it "thought" it was that time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blog!!

    ReplyDelete