Thursday, October 7, 2010

Post Mexcio

Well, it might have cost $1200 for me to get my ass in gear to lose some weight (and in turn enjoy some Caribbean Sea) and I think it was worth it. The Riviera Maya was truly the most beautiful place we've been to. It might have had something to do with our traveling companions - each other!!! Does that mean we should have never had kids? Nah, then we wouldn't know that we should appreciate our "down time." and boy, oh boy...that "down time" was AWESOME!!!

you can check out our pix here:

I ran in the morning (crack of dawn) before our plane left BWI (thx Jenn W). It was a tough one. We incorporated more inclines because we know the Balto 5K, which is on Oct 16, has a nice hill in the beginning. Needless to say the hills SUCKED! (we were then on w8d3, so 28 min runs) So that day's workout was out of the way and HELLO MEXICO. Saturday morning I awoke before sunrise and headed to the gym (CRAZY, I know!!!) Met a mexican elliptical there and we hit it off. (that was our last date however) I didn't work out on Sunday because I counted that as my day off. Plus when you don't get in from the discotheque until 4am, working out three hours later isn't exactly going to happen. In all honesty I had plans to run once we arrived back home Monday night but it was so late and I was whooped! Tuesday night 7pm, I hit the pavement. I know the first 4 mins of a run for me are the toughest to get through and that night was no different...hello week9day1....30 min runs!!!! (inclines included) Two more runs and I will be a Couch to 5K Graduate! WOOHOO me!!!

And that bring me to where I am today...not in the mood. WTF is going on with me? Wish I was still on vaca funk? I don't know!! What I do know is that I didn't exercise last night because I didn't feel like it. Not an excuse! I know I've got to get my head back into this. I only have 9 more days until my 5K. The 5K that I registered for before I even started running. The 5K I paid for hoping to run 30% of. The 5K I know I can run all of as of this point. But where is my motivation? and way am I so freakin' hungry??? All that being said, my running shoes and I have a date tonight, I just want to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=227089&id=686854525&l=e6adb3a595 here's the link that decided notto show up

    ReplyDelete