Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am a runner

So super excited that I need to share my fb status from last night ..... 'tonight I super exceeded my w2d3. At one point during a 15 min non-stop run, I even forgot I was running. Oh my shit, I AM A RUNNER!!!!!'

A friend and I did w2d3 and it felt pretty good, really good actually....which in turn made me nervous for w3d1. We started back on our regular walking route and decided because it was getting so late and dark maybe we'd run some of that too. So we walked/ran and then got to the top of a hill (we run a college campus and it's a loop) So we decided to run down the entire hill....and then I don't know how it happened when we reached the end I just kept going....it felt so good. I kept saying okay I'll stop at x. Then I'd pass x and say, I'll stop at Y. Y came and went and before I knew it I knew I didn't stop until I had come back to the beginning of our route. My friend said, 'OMG, I thought you were going to run home, you just kept going.' We ran just a tad more after that and then did a nice walk back to the house to cool down.

I went yesterday afternoon and was fitted for a pair of running shoes at Charm City Run. When I took the first 'running' steps in them, I couldn't believe it...they felt like I was running on air....with springs in the front. (I should've gotten these shoes months ago....LOL)

On my way to work this morning I drove through the campus. I was looking at my 'run route' and I was AMAZED.

I know I'm rambling but I just can't contain my excitement. I AM A RUNNER!!!!! and I can so do this Baltimore Running Festival 5K on October 16!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment